BARE SKIN WAXING STUDIO
Pre and Post Wax Checklist
Please follow these tips for a more safe and comfortable waxing experience.
Before Your Appointment
- 2-3 weeks prior to your appointment discontinue shaving, tweezing or using cream hair removers to the area/areas you plan on having waxed. The hair needs to be AT Least 1/4inch to wax.
- 72 hours before your waxing appointment, discontinue use of ALL prescription Retin-a, Renova, Differin, Tazorac or over the counter retinols, alpha hydroxy or beta hydroxy products (please call or email if you have any questions regarding other medications or skin care that may not be listed)
- If you are taking any prescriptions/medications please receive approval from your doctor before scheduling your waxing service
- No Tanning both indoor or outdoor for Three days prior and Two days after waxing
- If you have a morning waxing appointment it is recommended to shower the night before and apply a gentle serum that preps the skin and softens the hair follicle for a more comfortable waxing experience. At Bare Skin we offer an ingrown hair serum for this step. It's all natural with organic ingredients. It weakens and calm the hair follicle , which leads to a more comfortable waxing experience and inhibits future growth. This serum also acts as a moisturizing step to restore and smooth the skin. The serum can be purchased here for pick up at the studio.
- If you have a late afternoon/evening appointment do this routine in the morning.
- Please don't drink alcohol or coffee before your waxing service. Alcohol/Coffee dilates the blood vessels and leads to poor circulation and makes the skin more sensitive.
- Showering right before your appointment is NOT recommended. Please see two bullets above. If you need to freshen up before your appointment, please freshen up at the sink using lukewarm water and a moisturizing cleanser. The goal is to preserve your skin's natural moisturizers for a more comfortable waxing experience.
- Avoid tight fitting clothing. For Bikini/Brazilian, bring clean cotton panties to change into after the service. Disposable underwear will be available if needed as well. Or you can wear a dress or skirt and just go bare.
- For those that spray/self tan please note that waxing will remove sunless tanner. Its recommended to wax 48-24 hours prior to sunless tanning services.
- To expedite waxing services please fill out consent forms (will be sent in confirmation email) prior to your appointment.
- Numbing Cream is also available for purchase. Must arrange time for pick up at least 2 business days before appointment.
- Wear breathable clothing during appointment to prevent excessive sweating.
After Your Appointment
- Do not expose waxed skin to steam and hot water. Do not get in a hot bath tub, hot tub or hot shower after waxing. Luke warm or cool temperature is fine.
- Do not sun tan, go swimming in chlorinated pools, apply deodorant or make up for up to 24 hours after waxing
- Do not receive any chemical peels or microdermabrasion treatments for at least one week after waxing
- You can proceed with applying our ingrown hair serum to prevent ingrowns. 3- 4 times a week is recommended. But can be used daily. Serum will also be applied immediately after wax service to calm the skin.
- Avoid sexual activity for at least 24 hours after a Brazilian/Bikini (while your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation or infection)
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing which may result in irritation, chafing and/or ingrown hairs
- Wear cotton or go commando at night to allow the freshly waxed area to breathe
- Gently wash the waxed area at least twice daily
- Apply ingrown hair serum daily to prevent ingrown hair or bumps
If you have any questions regarding any of this information or any other questions please feel free to give us a call (313)326-3700.